Skip to main content
Try Wikispaces Classroom now.
Brand new from Wikispaces.
Eighth Floor Wiki
Pages and Files
Audio Files & Podcasting
Creating Video Files
Games for Learning/Review
- Genius Hour
Getting Started with Blogs
Google Plus and Hangouts
Grant Writing for Teachers
iPads Apps to Creativity
iPads in the Classroom
Online Activities K-2
Online Activites Sci/Math 2-8
TED Does the Talking
Twitter: More than a Tweet!
Web 2.0-Lightning Round
Wiki When You Wanna!
YouTube for the Classroom
8th Floor Blog!
8th Floor Classes
8th Floor Website
8th Floor SMART
8th Floor Moodle
Lee Anne's Delicious Tags
Linda's Delicious Tags
Web Resources Wiki
- Augmented Reality
Cell phones in the classroom
Digital Picture Projects
Office 2010 New Features
QR Codes in the Classroom
RSS in the Classroom
Technology in Common Core
The key is in not spending time, but in investing it.
Stephen R. Covey
The Most Sadistic Apps That Force You to Get Stuff Done
- online budget tracker, money manager
Online Productivity/Organization Tools
//Time Management// - MindTools.com
Google Chrome productivity apps
Google Docs & Spreadsheets
- create/collaborate/share - free online word processing/spreadsheet creation tools from Google - tracks revisions
- Google Web Page Creator – create your own web pages quickly & easily (service not accepting new accounts at this time – sign up for gmail to join waiting list
- track your interests on the web
The Pomodoro Technique Fights Deadline Anxiety with a Timer
- share your list of 43 life goals/priorities
Assign--Day Calendar Maker
- online calendar
- project/list organization tool
- project collaboration tool/communication – share files/schedules, & writeboards free, $$ limited free features
- simple web-based group chat for businesses
- free online portfolio site - show off your work
Create a Graph
- all kinds of graphs can be created – save, share, print
- sign in to share photos (part of Yahoo)
- Groupboard lets you set up a multi-user whiteboard and put it onto your web page. Teachers have been using Groupboard for over 10 years for tutoring and distance learning.
- one page fold & mail letter template
- your personalized startpage to the Web
- subscribe to photo newsletter for great tips
- learn Chinese, collective poetry, other Google map related applications, shared programming apps
Remember the Milk
- manage tasks & receive reminders (email, SMS, IM)
- voice over IP – telephone through the computer (free calls within US/Canada)
- create pages & categories to manage your projects & ideas
- start storing your favorite websites on del.icio.us, access them from anywhere!
- track/organize/prioritize tasks & projects
40 strategies for better time management
How to Use 43 Folders
With Evernote you can collect, sync, search, archive, and share information. The main interface is a website. The desktop client is available for Mac and Windows, further clients support the iPhone, the iPod Touch, Windows Mobile devices, and there is a bookmarklet for your browser.
One of the coolest features is Evernote’s ability to search for words inside of pictures. This makes it a very valuable tool for efficient archiving.
I already mentioned it in connection with Sandy. As a calendar it does a great job, but I found that it works much better for me when I can access it from my desktop. If you’re already using Thunderbird, see how you can
integrate Google Calendar into Thunderbird
, which is
listed in our directory
, you can sync Google Calendar with your mobile phone, the Blackberry or the iPhone.
While we’re talking about Google, Google Mail can not be missed. Great tool to archive and search mail or documents. If you are actually using the web interface of GMail you should
about all the plugins and tools that are available for it. If you’re using Firefox, you can
integrate Google Calendar with GMail
Remember The Milk
Remember The Milk is a very efficient task manager. First of all it is compatible with a wide range of applications and devices, including Google Calendar, GMail, Twitter, Blackberry and the iPhone or iPod touch. It can send reminders to your eMail, your mobile phone, and many different instant messengers. While for example I Want Sandy is very basic, Remember The Milk offers some great extra features. Create lists or task clouds; integrate maps to make tasks that require you to leave the house more efficient; publish your tasks and lists, share them with your contacts or send out reminders.
- How to get things done
Organize to Revitalize
Mindful Time Management
Time Management Ninja
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"