Skip to main content
Get your brand new Wikispaces Classroom now
and do "back to school" in style.
Eighth Floor Wiki
Pages and Files
Audio Files & Podcasting
Creating Video Files
Games for Learning/Review
- Genius Hour
Getting Started with Blogs
Google Plus and Hangouts
Grant Writing for Teachers
iPads Apps to Creativity
iPads in the Classroom
Online Activities K-2
Online Activites Sci/Math 2-8
TED Does the Talking
Twitter: More than a Tweet!
Web 2.0-Lightning Round
Wiki When You Wanna!
YouTube for the Classroom
8th Floor Blog!
8th Floor Classes
8th Floor Website
8th Floor SMART
8th Floor Moodle
Lee Anne's Delicious Tags
Linda's Delicious Tags
Web Resources Wiki
- Augmented Reality
Cell phones in the classroom
Digital Picture Projects
Office 2010 New Features
QR Codes in the Classroom
RSS in the Classroom
Technology in Common Core
Differentiated Instruction and Technology
In class we discuss technology resources that are helpful in addressing the needs of students with different learning styles. Many of these websites can be used to vary instruction to reach students who are visual, auditory, or kinesthetic, or as alternatives to projects.
Web Articles on Differentiated Instruction/Differentiated Learning
My One Great Lesson This Year
- A teacher's perspective on student projects, differentiation, and the choices students make. Do they really need us as much as we think?
Differentiated Instruction Allows Students to Succeed
- Meeting students where they are.
Active Learning is Key to Differentiated Learning
Reflecting on Technology, Differentiated Instruction and UDL
Sir Ken Robinson on Learning Styles
Learning Style Quizzes - What's Your Learning Style?
Have you ever thought about what your learning style is? Maybe you should quiz your students to see where they are? Below are links to quizzes related to Multiple Intelligences and Learning Style. Try one.
Websites for Visual Learners
Soomo Publishing -
- Contemporary history/social science music videos for teachers.
- Free online diagramming tool. Requires Microsoft Silverlight download to run.
- Create interactive site maps and charts online using a free account.
- this interactive site allows you to brainstorm and develop graphic organizers online. They can then be saved or printed.
- allows teachers to create a repository of videos for classroom use. No charge or fee - this is a free account. Worth trying!
‐ type in a word and see associated words in a visual cluster.
‐ creates word clouds from text you provide.
‐ enter a word or term and view pictures from flickr associated
with that term. Good for generating discussion.
Teacher Tube –
– search for content related videos or You Tube –
‐ search for content related videos
Discovery Education Streaming
‐ download or stream
videos over a wide range of topics from several catalogs of educational videos – requires account or site
‐ same as above
– flash videos over a wide range of lessons. Some free, some
viewable with teacher account.
‐ view topics in history through primary resource
Use textbook websites
– create a speaking avatar to deliver messages on a blog or standard
- make and create stories with photos.
- use to make web albums, photo collages, and video slide shows.
- Create video from web clips, photos and videos.
- visual blog/network
Websites for Auditory Learners
‐ create a video using voice, pictures, video, or recordings
screen reader – can be used to read any text on a
– download and listen to bestsellers and classics of literature. Requires monthly subscription.
‐ library of selected titles in mp3 format. Stream readings of books across
‐ multi‐feature audio recorder.
Websites for Kinesthetic Learners - what could be more kinesthetic than hands on activities on the web or creating something using your computer.
8th Floor SMART Wiki
- This site catalogs a list of interactive websites we have found after tons of research. Sorted by subject area, these activities are great for providing hands on experiences on an IWB.
‐ interactive study aides over a variety of literary works.
‐ get a hands‐on look at the geography of the earth –
no wall maps!
Google Sketch Up
‐create your own 3‐d models of buildings, houses, or
– take a virtual field trip. Visit a museum from the comfort of your
– create a video using voice, pictures, video, or recordings
‐ website full of interactive activities for any
Flash Card Exchange
create, edit, print, or share flash cards.
Interactive SMART Notebook files for download and use.
Use Textbook Websites
Mouse Mischief –
‐mischief/]] ‐ turns a PowerPoint slide
into a student response question slide. Utilizes multiple mouse configuration to answer questions.
- Hands-on review game. Use the board to play or try the digital art to create a review game on your interactive whiteboard. This is a local company, so check them out.
Other Sites of Interest and Use
- a free tool to help teachers create quality rubrics. Many are already made and free to use. Some also have worksheets to go along with them.
Big Ben's Guide to U.S. Government
Kid's Biology . Com
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"